Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I just need summer

Finals are quickly approaching leaving me with very little time to myself. I live in a pattern of sleep, study, work, and school. Usually by this time of year I start feeling restless for summer. I need the time away from school so I can regain my enthusiasm for studying which most of the time I honestly enjoy. For now I can feel summer on the horizon and I can’t wait for long lazy days spent at the barn. Today I moved Jasper to the back pasture which has caused him to give me sullen looks from across the fence, but I know it is a good move for him since the horses in the back pasture are about his age and more likely to play. I am still practicing cantering and I have started working with Jasper on clicker training so that eventually I can ask him to lay down. I have high hopes that by the end of the summer Jasper and I will be settled into our partnership. Once Leslie is back on her feet I would really like to go for a trail ride at one of the state parks. Until then I have been keeping stalls clean and taking care of Penny’s wound which is looking much better, and slowly getting the barn area cleaned up and fly free.

Darah walking Jack into the round pen

Jasper licking his lips

Champ and Jim waiting to play in the water
c


No comments:

Post a Comment