Monday, March 10, 2014

Lending me the wings I lack

Today my Spring Break started and I naturally wanted to spend the day at the barn. I didn’t get to see Jasper over the weekend and when I opened the gate this morning he was having a nice roll in the sand (one of his favorite things to do) and I called out to him. I swear my heart swelled with joy when he lifted his head and looked at me. Every time he follows me around or walks directly up to me I feel such an immense sense of peace. Darah helped me clean stalls and do a weed clearing then it was time to play. We groomed Jasper and headed for the round pen to let Darah enjoy her first ride on him. I think I enjoy watching him move as much as I enjoy riding him. Later on Leslie brought out Angel and lunged her for the first time. She did amazingly well and looked absolutely beautiful with her head held high. It was a perfect day with plenty of laughter filled moments and I can’t wait to repeat the process again tomorrow. 

Darah and Jasper

Quince and Zander enjoying life on the ranch

Angel maintaining a sassy trot

No comments:

Post a Comment