Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Two feet move our body, four feet move our soul

Leslie is back, and things are gradually moving back to normal. Penny still has a gaping wound on her shoulder that needs doctored three times a day and the vet is coming back out on Friday to make sure she is healing properly. Yesterday we took Jasper on his first road ride and it went better than I expected but we still have a long way to go. It’s frustrating when I know that he knows exactly what I want from him and he decides to misbehave anyway. We passed the geese of doom with few problems and even made friends with a cute donkey down the road. I love this horse, but I am still on the fence…sometimes it seems like he gets me and when we click it is perfect, other times I worry that I am not going to be enough for him. Now that he is gaining weight and being fed more he has plenty of energy, I can feel it in his body when he wants to run and it makes me sad that I am not comfortable flying with him. On another note I am optimistic about the minor adjustments we are going to make to the ranch to make feeding easier and the hay go farther. I can’t wait for summer to get here so I have more time to tinker with things.

Jasper making faces after snorting dirt

















Leslie riding Champ

The herd lining up for fresh water

Penny’s vet visit

Lafayette bouncing around

No comments:

Post a Comment