Tuesday, March 4, 2014

No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn - Hal Borland

Sitting in the doorway of the feed room I can look across the pasture and see the ice gathering on the trees, each creak leaves me wondering what branch will fall next. I'm sure that once the sleet finally quits we will have plenty of fallen trees to clean up on our trails. I've always loved winter and the soft hush that falls over the city when the snow starts falling, here in Texas the experience is different but still enjoyable for the most part. Ice and rain take the place of snow and crazy drivers fill the roads. I have to admit that am ready for the rain to stop so I can work on new projects around the ranch and try to bond with my new horse. I'm not sure which thing I am most looking forward to now. Taking care of him and the other equine residents brings me a joy that nothing else ever has. Since everyone is spending so much time in their stalls I have ample opportunity to "work out" mucking stalls and even that makes me happy.


Diamond eating his breakfast
Champ eating his breakfast

Jim wondering exactly why I insist on taking pictures while he eats

No comments:

Post a Comment