Sunday, March 9, 2014

You lost me at carrots


 Texas is still struggling with spring, some days it is bright and warm and other days the weather turns cold and dreary. Friday the horses and people at Hope Ranch were enjoying the nice weather. My boy Jasper got his first foot trimming under my care and I could not have been more thrilled with his impeccable manners. During the entire farrier visit he rested his head on my chest and listened to me murmur sweet words to him. It made me feel good that he would be happy to close his eyes and rest while someone he had never met messed with his feet. I have only ridden him a couple of times since I first bought him, but we always spend time together just hanging out. Angel was pulled from the back pasture and brought up for some horse “kindergarten” in which Leslie groomed her and worked with her on standing still during the entire process. She did very well and I can’t wait to see her progress into the amazing trail horse that she is growing up to be. Later Darah and Alexis helped me feed everyone dinner and clowned around with the horses. I like that there is always an abundance of laughter at the ranch.
The road to Hope Ranch in Winter


The road to Hope Ranch in Summer

Darah offering Jim a treat for a kiss

Alexis hugging Diamond while Darah offers a treat

No comments:

Post a Comment