Thursday, March 20, 2014

Walk as you babble please

I think The Fates paused when they first heard Leslie was going out of town. As soon as it hit the air Jasper laid flat out looking exactly like dead horse, Woody got bitten by a snake, Penny got a gaping wound on her shoulder, and yesterday we found a snake in the hay. I am almost worried that some huge spider will be hiding in the feed room somewhere (my own personal nightmare) or somebody is going to colic. Now I have a had a crash course in horse vet care and am especially vigilant about stomping and making a lot of noise when I first go into the feed room. For the most part this week I had to hit the ground running. There is always homework to be done and work around the house, now for this week anyway the care of the horses rests on my shoulders. Jasper seems to have started gaining weight and Woody’s foot is better. I am trying to squeeze fun in my days somewhere even if it is a ten minute ride on Jasper or hanging out with Nimitz for a little while. In the mornings and evenings I try to spend a little extra time cuddling Quince. Even when things get chaotic I still love every minute of it. I love watching the horses graze or play, and I really love when Woody comes over and takes a nap with me on the porch.

Jasper has a BEAUTIFUL stride















Selfie with Champ




















Jim enjoying his hay

No comments:

Post a Comment